What We Do & How We Do It
Painting In Store
There is no entry charge to Plaster Fun House. You simply select your plaster piece you wish to paint and bring it to the counter before you start and we will give you paints, water pot, aprons and brushes.
Prices start from $5 through to around $30 for larger items but on average they are $10-$15. This includes use of paints in store, glaze and glitter.
Accessories, joggle eyes, bows and many other items can be added when you are finished at a small charge.
No firing is required so you can take your piece home with you straight away. With this instant satisfaction kids love coming along and creating their masterpiece.
The Process In Store
1. If you have booked, your name will be on a reserved sign on one of our tables. If you haven't booked or can't see your name our friendly staff will assist you in choosing a table. High chairs are available and we recommend their use for smaller children who are unable to sit comfortably at an appropriate height.
2: Choose a piece of plaster from the shelves. The pieces are all individually priced. The price of each piece on the shelf includes: paint, glaze and glitter while painting in-store.
3: Once you have chosen your piece (don't worry it can take a while with so many to choose from), bring it up to the counter. We will process your payment at the register. We accept payment by card and cash.
4. We will then help you select paint colours and provide you with water pots and paint brushes on your tables and art aprons. You can now create your masterpiece!
5. Once you have finished painting bring your completed piece to the counter or to one of our friendly staff. We will then glaze the piece with an acrylic glaze to protect the paint and apply glitter if requested. There are lots of glitter colours to choose from. Glazing and glittering takes approximately 2-3 minutes and pieces can be taken home straight away as the piece is made of plaster, no firing is required. We will provide you with a recycled box to carry your piece in.
6. After glaze and glitter is applied you may choose to add some accessories to your masterpiece. Accessory prices start at just 5c each and with over 100 choices you will definitely find something extra to make your piece look amazing. Our wide variety include: hats, glasses, gems, bows, bells, hair, stick on wooden shapes, letters and flowers to name just a few!
7. Your piece is now complete and ready to find its new home with you. We like to feature your wonderful creations on our website and Social pages so we may request your permission to snap a photo to share!
Take Home Packs
We definitely do take home packs as well as our painting in sessions. The take home packs make wonderful Birthday gifts and can keep the kids happy and quiet on a Saturday afternoon. Not only do we have some pre-packaged birthday packs ready to go but any of our pieces can be put into packs for you if you are looking for something specific. The price of the packs does depend on what is in it, however the pre-packaged packs start at $12.
Other Services on Offer
Plaster Fun House Brisbane East also hosts amazing birthday parties in store and at your home and we offer entertainment options to childcare centres and shopping centres. For more information on these services, please click on the services page.